Precision Blades is a skate maintenance center on the east side of Metro Detroit, offering professional quality skate sharpening and maintenance services, as well as customized apparel. They also promote the proper protection of their players through their Fresh Gear equipment sanitation unit, custom mouth guards, and other hockey performance gear. Paul Boyer – co-owner of Precision Blades – is currently in his 27th season as Head Equipment Manager of the Detroit Red Wings.
Scope of Work
Develop and implement an integrated digital strategy with the goal of increasing exposure and driving foot traffic to Precision Blades.
Our role encompassed:
- Strategic planning meetings with the owner and management team to discuss Precision Blades’ business model, operations, and growth objectives
- Posting engaging content on Facebook & Instagram relating to: Precision Blades’ skate sharpening and maintenance services, custom apparel, and other hockey related content
- Collaborating with videographer to produce a series of behind-the-scenes videos highlighting local hockey players in the community. Interviews were conducted by Mickey Redmond of the Detroit Red Wings.
- Identifying opportunities for integrated brand partnerships and positive PR
- Engaging with Precision Blades’ online community to build trust, facilitate engagement, encourage user-generated photos, and position the owner as a key figure in the hockey community
- Responding to questions, comments, and concerns posted on Precision Blades’ social media platforms and review sites
- Presenting the owner with feedback from online reviews in an effort to facilitate an improved customer experience
- 50% month-over-month increase in likes/follows and engaged Facebook users
- 40% month-over-month increase in likes/follows and engaged Instagram users
- Improved brand reputation across Facebook, Yelp, and Google
- Increased business exposure, foot traffic, and product/skate sharpening sales
Project date: 2020 – current