Norma G’s Caribbean Cuisine
Norma G’s is the first sit-down dining establishment to open in the Jefferson Chalmers neighborhood of East Detroit in over 30 years.
Norma G’s goal is to act as a catalyst for neighborhood development while sharing Caribbean culture and cuisine with the community.
Scope of Work
Develop and implement an integrated digital strategy with the goal of increasing exposure and driving foot traffic to Norma G’s.
Our role encompassed:
- Strategic planning meetings with the owner and management team to discuss Norma G’s business model, operations, and growth objectives
- Posting engaging content on Facebook & Instagram relating to: Norma G’s journey from food truck to restaurant, new menu items and specials, events and themed dinners, the revitalization of the Jefferson Chalmers neighborhood, Norma G’s commitment to employing local residents, cultural influences of Caribbean cuisine
- Identifying opportunities for integrated brand partnerships and positive PR
- Engaging with Norma G’s online community to build trust, facilitate engagement, encourage user-generated photos, and position the owner as a key figure in the Metro Detroit food and beverage scene
- Responding to questions, comments, and concerns posted on Norma G’s social media platforms and review sites
- Collaborating with liquor representatives and internal teams around the ideation, promotion, and execution of themed menus, dinners, and special events
- Presenting the owner with feedback from online reviews in an effort to facilitate an improved guest experience
- Generating monthly activity reports to share with internal teams for continued improvement
Timeline: February 2019 – September 2019
- Norma G’s owner – Lester Gouvia – was interviewed on 60 minutes
- Norma G’s was named one of the top 10 Best Restaurants in Detroit (2019) by the Detroit Free Press – and hosted a Top 10 Free Press Dinner
- Norma G’s was continually featured on Eater Detroit and other publications as one of the Top 10 best restaurants in Detroit
- 50% month-over-month increase in likes/follows and engaged Facebook users
- 40% month-over-month increase in likes/follows and engaged Instagram users
- Improved brand reputation across Facebook, Yelp, and Google
- Increased business exposure, foot traffic, and event attendance
Trained internal team to take over Norma G’s social media.