DoubleTree Detroit is a historic hotel in Downtown Detroit which accommodates thousands of visitors to the Motor City every year.
DoubleTree Detroit also has two restaurants on their property – Finn & Porter and Round Bar – as well as banquet facilities for special events and weddings.
Scope of Work
Develop and implement an integrated digital strategy with the goal of increasing hotel and special event bookings, and foot traffic to Finn & Porter and Round Bar.
Our role encompassed:
- Strategic planning meetings with management teams and internal F&B teams to understand DoubleTree Detroit’s business model, business/marketing operations, and growth objectives
- Updating DoubleTree Detroit, Round Bar, and Finn & Porter’s Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, Pinterest, Twitter, and Yelp pages with important information relating to: accommodation specials, special event information, staff/employee features, new food and beverage menu items, event and wedding trends
- Researching and posting engaging content about the City of Detroit – history, culture, sporting, and entertainment updates
- Engaging with DoubleTree Detroit, Finn & Porter, and Round Bar’s online community to build trust, facilitate engagement, and encourage user-generated photos
- Launching check-in, mayorship, and happy hour specials at Round Bar to generate more local business
- Identifying opportunities for integrated brand/influencer partnerships and positive PR
- Collaborating with event promoters and design agencies on the ideation, marketing, execution of special events
- Responding to questions, comments, and concerns posted on DoubleTree Detroit, Round Bar, and Finn & Porter’s social media channels and review sites
- Presenting internal teams with feedback from online reviews in an effort to facilitate an improved guest experience
- Generating monthly activity, feedback, and competitive analysis reports to share with internal teams for continued improvement
Timeline: 2012 – 2014
- 40% month-over-month increase in new likes, follows, and engaged Facebook users
- Increased hotel and special event bookings (15%), restaurant foot traffic (20%), and bar event attendance (25%) as a result of social media